Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:59:43 -0700

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:29:25 +0200
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2008/09/21 02:30 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> > Again, I had that initially, but removed it due to length
> > considerations.  The syntax changes for every new release, and
> > it's listed in the NEWS, so I think we're covered.
>
> BTW have you announced improvement of autobeaming code in the release
> notes?  If you haven't, IMHO we should add it to the NEWS.

They should be added to the NEWS regardless of what happens in the
announcement.  :)

> """
> Thanks to Texi2HTML formatting program, HTML documentation has been
> prettified with a new style sheet, a table of contents in every page,
> more navigation bars and sections splitted in less pages.

Junk it.  This is way too specific for the release announcement.
You could mention it in the NEWS if you want.

> In addition to the partial French translation that came with 2.10
> release, the documentation has been partially translated in Spanish
> and German.

Notwithstanding my hatred of marketing, could you spice this up a
bit?  Show how proud you are of the translation team, how exciting
it is, etc?  (maybe Valentin should write this part after all. :)

> >  Valentin, send it to
> > Trevor.  I no longer have the actual release-notes.txt file, so
> > make sure you don't lose your copy.
>
> Unless I overlooked it, could somebody send the release notes draft on
> this list, please?

It wasn't sent here; I didn't want to send it with a complete
blank in the "Rune was..." portion.  Valentin: I think it's fine
to send it now.