Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:31:28 +0000 (UTC)

Trevor Daniels <t.daniels <at> treda.co.uk> writes:

> John Mandereau
>
> > On 2008/09/22, Matthias Neeracher wrote:
> >> From: "Trevor Daniels" <t.daniels <at> treda.co.uk>
> >>
> >> The MacOS Python pages
> >> <http://www.python.org/download/mac/> actually
> >> have fairly detailed download instructions and binary
> >> installers, so
> >> as long as the link is included in the documentation,
> >> it doesn't seem
> >> unreasonable to expect users to install this manually.
> >
> I looked at these pages and if I were faced with
> downloading python I wouldn't know where to start.
> Maybe that's because I'm totally unfamiliar with
> Macs, though.

As a Mac user, I went to the page and had no idea where to
start.

I spent about half an hour trying to find a Python download
OSX.

Here's the link we should include, IMO:

<http://python.org/download/>

It has a straightforward link to Python 2.5.2

The other page is about Python packages, rather than Python
itself.

Carl