Re: GUB experiments on linux-64

From: Josh Parmenter
Subject: Re: GUB experiments on linux-64
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:13:58 -0700

good... thanks.

Josh

On Sep 30, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Josh Parmenter <address@hidden > wrote:
Hi Han-Wen,

otool looks okay:

Ringo:bin joshp$ otool -L lilypond
lilypond:
      @executable_path/../lib//libintl.8.dylib (compatibility version
9.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 88.1.2)
@executable_path/../lib//libguile.17.dylib (compatibility version
19.0.0, current version 19.2.0)
@executable_path/../lib//libgmp.3.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0,
current version 8.1.0)
      @executable_path/../lib//libpangoft2-1.0.0.dylib (compatibility
version 2001.0.0, current version 2001.0.0)
@executable_path/../lib//libpango-1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version
2001.0.0, current version 2001.0.0)
@executable_path/../lib//libfreetype.6.dylib (compatibility version
10.0.0, current version 10.8.0)
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
1.2.3)
@executable_path/../lib//libfontconfig.1.dylib (compatibility version
5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
      @executable_path/../lib//libgobject-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility
version 1601.0.0, current version 1601.1.0)
      @executable_path/../lib//libgmodule-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility
version 1601.0.0, current version 1601.1.0)
@executable_path/../lib//libglib-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version
1601.0.0, current version 1601.1.0)
      /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current
version 5.0.0)
@executable_path/../lib//libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version
7.0.0, current version 7.9.0)

I do have opt/local/ in my load path, and I also have /opt/local/ lib in my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH env var. But I don't see why lilypond would be following
those before its own linked libs...

This is outside of LilyPond's control.  It's the macos linker that
decides this.

My plan is to ship a current devel (1.9) version of GUILE soon, so
this will stop being a problem.

For now, I recommend you switch off DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH if you run lily.

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

*/