Problems with local gub build

From: Mark Hanlon
Subject: Problems with local gub build
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I've been trying to get a gub build of a local patched version of lilypond to
work, for the music notation project.

It's been a bit of a long journey. When I try to do the build, everything goes
fine for a while then it complains about not finding STEPMAKE_INIT. I definitely
have python installed.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Here's what I have done
I've used the local file Han-Wen supplied
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-06/msg00229.html

I've initialised a gub repository with my patched version of lilypond
I'm following his instructions i.e.
Using the local.make
  get-local
to pull the sources. Then
  make -f lilypond.make linux-x86

Here's the first line of where it's going wrong (on the make -f lilypond.make
linux-x86) step
configure: loading cache config.cache
/home/maz/lilypondbuilds/mygub/gub/target/linux-x86/src/PatchedLilySource-
localhost--home-maz-lilypondbuilds-mygub-gub-PatchedLilySource-master/configure:

line 1739: STEPMAKE_INIT: command not found

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Cheers for any help
Mark