Re: Proposal of helper script

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Proposal of helper script
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:57:28 +0200

2008/10/22 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> I won't implement this before acoustics and signal processing exams I
> take next Tuesday and next Wednesday, but don't worry, I'm really
> motivated to write such a tool, because nearly no LSR texidoc has been
> translated in French yet...  the French translators (including me) have
> simply been hibernating :-P

Don't do it for me, as I'm done with that task. New changes would be
tracked with check-translation. But in the meantime, this helped me a
bit:

#!\bin\sh
# Call it check-texidoc or whatever

ORIGIN=lsr/
ORIGINAL=$ORIGIN$1
DESTINATION=texidocs/

TEXIDOC="`echo $1 | rev | cut --complement -c -3 | rev`.texidoc"

FINAL=$DESTINATION$TEXIDOC

echo $ORIGINAL
echo $FINAL
test -e $FINAL && echo "it exists" || echo "it doesnt exist"
test -e $FINAL && echo "it exists" || cp $ORIGINAL $FINAL
emacs $FINAL
#########################
It is very naïve but it somewhat works and it saves time. To be run from input/

run e.g. [from input/]:

check-texidoc filename.ly

[filename.ly is to be copied from the itely source file]
if the output is exists/exists you are done with this file but you
still can rewiew or correct it. Then close the editor, optionally
saving changes directly.
If the output says it doesn't exist, you are editing a copy ready for
translation and direct saving.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org