Re: CSS style for <code>

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: CSS style for <code>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:49:34 -0700

Patrick McCarty wrote:
Hi Paul,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 12:14:27PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
I haven't complimented our fantastic documentation lately. It is truely amazing!!

Thanks!

Is it true for anyone else that the effective font for all the HTML enclosed in <code> tags is somewhat smaller which in not a problem except for symbols like "^", etc.? If so would anyone consider adding a style for <code> tags which slightly increased the font size.

I see this with Firefox 3 and the latest Debian version of SeaMonkey.

Many browsers set the default size of monospace fonts smaller than
serif and sans-serif fonts.  This includes any browser with the Gecko
rendering engine, which Firefox and SeaMonkey both have.

The problem is that other browsers (most notably IE and Opera) do not
have this particular setting.  So, if we increase the font size of
monospace fonts, everything enclosed in <code> tags will be larger
than the regular text!

So, my best recommendation is to increase the default size of
monospace fonts within your browser.

Thanks!!

Paul