Re: Updates to the LM

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Updates to the LM
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:41:50 +0100

Graham Percival a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:18:32AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:
I think I've muddled through this and updated
input/lsr with my new snippet.  As this was
the first time I've used makelsr.py there were
lots of mysterious warnings, but it seems to
have converted and copied the one file I needed
successfully, so I selected this one file and
placed it in input/lsr.

As a general note, I would encourage people NOT to use makelsr.py
unless they are very familiar with it.  All it takes is one
inexperienced (in this area) developer trying to fix a "simple"
bug at the wrong time, and could result in many of us losing our
entire personal data due to a rm -rf ~ system call within a
snippet.
This potential issue is important, but from now you can just say "Wanna know how to run makelsr.py? Please carefully
read the fine CG!" ;-)

Yeah, of course we all use an encrypted incremental backup system
like tarsnap.com, and we all have separate user accounts for
lilypond development so that any malicious snippet can't touch our
personal files...
Yes, we should; I almost do, except that I use two USB sticks and an USB disk for backup, and incremental
often means using Git for me, even if it's not identical.

Cheers,
John