Re: tab characters in the source code

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: tab characters in the source code
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:34:16 -0600

On 4/7/09 4:23 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
>> LilyPond programming standards call for no tabs in the files.
>>
>> If you convert all the tabs to an appropriate number of spaces to get the
>> indentation right, please submit a patch so we can fix this.
>
> Here's output-ps.scm with spaces instead of tabs.

What version of LilyPond did you get output-ps.scm from?  In order to make a
patch, I need both the before and after files.

> Is there a way to automate this? I just used a
> find and replace approach with jEdit for this
> one file. And how many files are in the source?

An automated way to do this is requested on the issues list. (See
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=746&start=200>)

If you'd like to search this out and find the right way to do it, that would
be great.

Carl