Re: Reverting Beat Grouping Commands

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Reverting Beat Grouping Commands
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:04:20 +0100

2009/4/21 Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> I haven't checked yet for beam subdividing (I will need to, I know), but for
> autobeaming, the work is done in a scheme callback, where the context is
> available.

There is no callback, otherwise get_property ("autoBeamCheck") would
automatically return #t or #f; it has to be evaluated, as I mentioned
above, using an explicit procedure call.

> Already the autobeam rules are called as context properties.  It
> will be no problem to get them from a context description property in the
> autobeam callback.

I'm not sure what you have in mind with a `context description
property'.  As it stands, we have a set of context properties, one of
which is used to call a procedure (autoBeamCheck); inside the
procedure other context properties (including autoBeamSettings) are
read.

Regards,
Neil