Re: adding to the LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding to the LSR
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:28:11 +0800

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 05:34:10PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Graham Percival a écrit :
>> I imagine that almost every convert-ly rule would benefit from
>> "match this command, and only this command" rules, so this could
>> save typing.  And, more to the point, confusion amongst
>> non-regex-savvy people.
>>
> Good idea, but let's be careful with applying this function to existing
> rules: some of them may purposely contain no space at the end of the
> regular expression.

Well, I left myself some wiggle room by saying "almost all".  That
said, I can't think of any commands which *wouldn't* benefit from
this, and I'm idly curious about which those would be.

>  Only people with huge LilyPond knoweledge or
> motivation to look around old documentation should edit existing rules
> to change this.
>
> Any other thoughts?

Just that, once again, this would be an ideal place for a
dedicated volunteer.  None of us have the time, energy, and
motivation to focus on convert-ly, but this is a large complaint
amongst users -- people working on mutopia especially.

Once I'm back home and I've given the CG one or two more
going-overs, I'll seriously push for somebody to adopt convert-ly.