Re: MIME of PNGs in bugtracker

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: MIME of PNGs in bugtracker
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 19:43:11 +1000

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> The example PNG images on bug comments have to be downloaded before
> you can view them, at least on my Ubuntu system. I wonder whether the
> server could adjust the MIME type of png images so the browser offers
> to open it directly with a suitable application instead?
>
> Or, is it completely out of our reach?

I was looking at some .pngs on the bugtracker today, and as far as I can
tell that's exactly the behaviour I got. I'd click on the link, the
browser would open a dialogue box asking me what I wanted to do with it,
defaulting to opening the image with 'display'.

Or have I misunderstood what you're after?

I'm running Iceweasel (Firefox) on Debian Sid, if that helps.

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/