Re: visualizing grob ancestry

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: visualizing grob ancestry
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:04:20 -0700

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 07:21:54PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > Instead of documenting this in the IR, maybe it would be better
> > to write a section in the CG about how to find a grob's parent,
> > the parent's parent, etc. with GDB?
>
> I know nothing about GDB...

It makes life easier.  ;-)

> > Plus, I can't think of a good way of automatically documenting
> > the parents (or the different possibilities for parents) of
> > grobs.
>
> What about the children? (:

It seems like the "elements" internal grob property often stores the
children of grobs.  So if you see

  extract_grob_set (me, "elements", elts);

in the C++ code, the grobs in "elements" might be the children of
"me".  I say *might* because I'm not positive this is always the case.

-Patrick