Re: SVG backend: On-the-fly conversion of Emmentaler/Aybabtu glyphs to p

From: joeneeman
Subject: Re: SVG backend: On-the-fly conversion of Emmentaler/Aybabtu glyphs to paths
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:05:34 +0000

It seems as though rietveld wants to send my code-comments and my
reply-to-comments comments in two separate emails. Sorry for the noise.

http://codereview.appspot.com/96083/diff/1015/20
File lily/pango-font.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/96083/diff/1015/20#newcode354
Line 354: bool has_utf8_string = false;
I like this way of dealing with the ps backend much better...

http://codereview.appspot.com/96083/diff/1015/20#newcode367
Line 367: if ((name == "svg" && !feta) || (name != "svg" &&
has_utf8_string))
...but I think it would be ideal if the text_stencil code was totally
unaware of the backend (maybe using something like
-ddump-music-strings-as-paths, which defaults to true when
-dbackend=svg). I'm not suggesting you do it now, but it would be nice
to have a NOTE or TODO here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/96083