Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [LilyPond Translations] important infrastructure changes
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:49:03 +0200

2009/7/27 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> I have updated the Contributors' Guide, and I expect you to read
> "Translating the documentation", and especially carefully read
> "Translating the Learning Manual and other Texinfo documentation" before
> doing any work on the documentation, regardless of your experience in
> this task.

I have read it. Not too many new things there, except the translated
node names and the @translationof part.

> A lot of maintenance scripts are no longer effective or are even broken.
> In particular, check-translation is not able.  This is a good excuse to
> check that all the docs that were claimed as up-to-date are effectively
> up to date;

Seriously? That is all the documentation. I reportedly was up to date
as of 7eee2a73 (6 days ago now), and fairly confident on that's true.
I can track manually new doc editings on master since then.

> in this case I'll disable translation status until you have
> completed this very long check.  If you really do not want to do this,
> which I can understand, I can set in stone all path renames into
> check_translation.py to make it work as if there had been no renaming;

I think this is not necessary at least for Spanish. I am talking only
from my POV here.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org