Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Is there a difference between \pad-around and \pad-markup?  Reading
> the documentation and looking at the examples, I can't see any.  In
> case there are differences, this should be documented.  Otherwise I
> suggest to mark one of the two commands as deprecated.

Nice catch. The scheme code for both is functionally identical.
There is no difference. One should be deprecated. I prefer to
keep pad-around since it is more descriptive. Using "markup" in
a markup command name is redundant anyway. Are there any other
markup command names that contain the word "markup"?

- Mark