Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:22:13 -0600

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Joe Neeman<address@hidden> wrote:
> After fixing the latest round of bugs (pointed out by Neil Puttock and
> Michael Käppler), I've pushed the changes to git's master branch. That
> is, you should test master instead of dev/jneeman and bugs now belong on
> the bug list instead of in this thread.

Just tried the latest version, and it looks awesome!
A pleasant, but unexpected side-effect of the new logic is that it
accepts more compact systems: the first piece I tried it on went from
11 pages to 8, and only the first system looked too squished.
(Attached.) I tried
  \override StaffGrouper #'between-staff-spacing #'padding = #1
with no effect. Should this pad the skylines or just the staff itself?

Andrew