Re: Broken refs

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Broken refs
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:29:11 +0200

Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 13:51 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
> No, big pages should link to the other big pages. That's how the current
> .init
> file is supposed to work. If it doesn' t, then that' s a bug in the script
> and
> needs to be fixed.

But does the web site in one large page makes sense?

> Why one large file? I thought it should be one large file per manual, with
> the
> xrefs going between those large files.

You think right, IIUC Graham and I never meant anything else.

> Or am I misunderstanding what is being said?

You 're right in theory, but from a practical point of view, current
web-texi2html.init makes big page without navigation bars, and I'm not
keen on a web site being on big page, so I just disabled compilation of
general.texi in one big page.  Maybe we'll be convinced that a big page
for the web site is a good site, but then I have no time (i.e. I don't
want) to hack any Texi2HTML init file until the rest of the web site and
docs infrastructure including translations is in a good shape.

Best,
John