Re: Spacing over a new piece beginning is too small

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Spacing over a new piece beginning is too small
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:36:53 +1000

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 11:00 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Yet another small issue with the vertical layout: It seems that where one
> piece ends and another one begins, the piece title is completely ignored for
> spacing. Even worse, Sometimes the spacing between the last staff of a piece
> and the first staff of the next piece is LESS than for staves inside a piece.
> As
> an example, attached is some output I'm getting: The staves where "Ecce panis
> starts" are spaced less than the other staves instead of more, and the piece
> titles "In figuris" and "Bone pastor" are crammed in without any visual
> effect
> on the staff spacing.

This is because the default stretchable space for before-title-spacing
and after-title-spacing is too small. Could you find a value that works
better?

The overlap between "Ecce panis" and "Allegro" is due to a bug (that you
and Werner have already found) regarding rehearsal marks not being
counted in the spacing problem.

Cheers,
Joe