Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:32:05 -0600

str.replace is probably preferred for this particular example.  str.*
functions use less overhead.  But really, at the level we're using it in
convert-ly, it doesn't matter.

But you should probably really use something like

str = re.sub (r'\b\\pad-markup\b', r'\\pad-around', str)

Note- I haven't tested this expression, so it may not be right.

The object is to make sure you start the match and end the match on a word
boundary, and to make sure you include the \.

You don't want to change somebody's function call \special-lilypad-markup to
\special-lilypad-around.

Even better would be to define a function:

def command_replace(old_command, new_command, str)

that could then be used in a convert-ly rule

str = command_replace ("pad-markup", "pad-around", str)

so that in the future you'd never have to worry about dealing with word
boundaries, etc.  This was something Graham asked for a couple of months
ago, but it never got added.  If you wanted to do this as part of your
project, it would be great.

Thanks,

Carl