Re: Flageolett articulation above and below a chord (i.e. double articu

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Flageolett articulation above and below a chord (i.e. double articulations are discarded)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:06:47 +0100

2009/8/31 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> Unfortunately, I'm unable to produce this in lilypond at all. Only the first
> articulation of each type is assigned. All further ones are ignored. Sample
> file is attached

Don't forget you can stick scripts (like fingerings) inside a chord
via the New_fingering_engraver*, which means it's possible to have as
many as you like, and take advantage of the closer positioning (to
mimic the behaviour of scripts outside a chord, 'add-stem-support
would be required):

smallFlageolet =
#(let ((m (make-music 'ArticulationEvent
                      'articulation-type "flageolet")))
   (ly:music-set-property! m 'tweaks
     (acons 'font-size -2
       (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
  m)

\relative c' {
  <e-\tweak #'direction #DOWN -\smallFlageolet d'^\smallFlageolet>
}

Rather useful I think for chord harmonics on the harp.

Regards,
Neil

*How should we rename this?  I was thinking something like
`Event_chord_post_event_engraver', but that's probably a bit too
obscure. :)