Re: quick question: web manuals presentation

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: quick question: web manuals presentation
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:29:26 +0100

I vote for the Essay page. The Glossary page format wastes space at the bottom left of the screen unless the description and notes are very wordy (and we don't want them to be). The single column of the Essay Page allows longer individual text lines which are more comfortable to read. The Glossary page style feels more like reading short newspaper columns. It also looks like you've got rid of a superfluous heading (*Read it Now*) on the Essay style page.

One question regarding all three styles. What is the difference between following the hyperlink marked _Essay_ on the page and the two HTML hyperlinks under the heading *Other Formats*? The same question applies to the Glossary and Notations Style pages.

Cheers,
Ian

Trevor Daniels wrote:
I much prefer the Glossary page. It is much clearer. The space on the left will accommodate a longer description easily and the reading instructions are grouped neatly together on the right.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>