Re: convert-ly rules for the vertical layout changes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: convert-ly rules for the vertical layout changes
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:12:41 -0400

Hi Reinhold (et al),

Unfortunately, I don't have the time now to investigate better defaults
myself, but with these defaults, the scores simply look terrible.

+1

Another problem I've found (but have yet to minimally-exemplify) is that a manual \pageBreak will often [always?] lead to a page with a single system and then an automatic page break, so (e.g.) what should fit on two pages, with the break manually forced, ends up on three pages instead. =(

I'm right in the middle of reengraving [for the new spacing engine in 2.13.6+] this summer's quartet score — hopefully I'll have good defaults to report soon.

Cheers,
Kieren.