Re: [frogs] lilycontrib.tcl

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [frogs] lilycontrib.tcl
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:51:24 -0600

On 10/6/09 4:14 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 07:38:40PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> I modified that gui a bit, and now it has the ability to create a new local
>> repository, update the repository, and make patches relative to
>> origin/master.
>
> (I haven't tried it yet; maybe this weekend)
>
> I'd suggest a "panic" button, in case there's any conflicts.  This
> would:
> 1) move any user-modified files into a special directory
> (something like lilypond/my-changes/ ? )
> 2) git reset --hard origin/master

I've now got a new version of lilycontrib.tcl.

It creates a new local repository.

It will update the repository with or without rebasing.

It will run git mergetool to enable merge conflict resolution.

It has an Abort changes button that will copy all of the locally changed
files to ./aborted_edits, then resets to origin/master.

I think it's ready for release.  Can any of you try testing it to see if you
think  it works?  I'd welcome any feedback you have.

Thanks,

Carl