Re: BOM mark from Windows notepad

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: BOM mark from Windows notepad
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:01:57 +0100

On 12 Nov 2009, at 12:34, Francisco Vila wrote:

The attached LY file was created in Windows Notepad, saved in UTF-8
encoding, and I compiled it on Linux with no errors or warnings.

Do you see an error message when compiling this file?  If so, can you
post the error?

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce it with your file.  I see the white
rectangle with emacs, as I saw on the others which give errors, but
right now I don't keep those problematic files.

On Mac OS X 10.5.8, I can see it using 'less'; it looks like:
<U+FEFF>\version "2.12.1"

{ c }

But emacs 23.1.1 does not show it at all.

It compiled using lilypond 2.13.7.

Please keep on touch
until I get a sample again from one of my students.

Perhaps they created it in another encoding, and the filled the file with UTF-8?

  Hans