Re: Issue #768 - chord repetition shortcut: patch for review

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Issue #768 - chord repetition shortcut: patch for review
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:57:28 +0100 (CET)

>> OTOH, something like
>> { <c e g>8-. <c e g>-^ }*2
>>
>> is not doable with the q approach.
>
> Why not?
>
> \repeat unfold 2 { <c e g>8-. q-^ }
>
> Please stop trying to overload the * operator.

Well, David has a point here IMHO: The `\repeat unfold' really is
neither elegant nor intuitive nor quickly to type.  I don't mind
overloading the `*' operator after a group within braces.  If
overloading is really that bad for some of you, we could even
introduce, say, `**' to have a different operator.

    Werner