Re: Code formatter

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Code formatter
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:31:44 +0000

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 07:46:59PM +0000, Neil Puttock wrote:
> 2009/11/13 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> > If you could choose one such example, and add it somewhere to the
> > CG similar to this:
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/Sectioning-commands
> > (bottom of the page)
>
> It's already there in section 8.5.5 (you added it in July).

Ok.  Carl mentioned that it had a note asking for confirmation.
Could somebody confirm that it works?

> Its only limitation is the way it indiscriminately reformats comments,
> especially those including illustrations.

Really?  I could understand indenting comments, but it actually
changes inside those?  That's icky.  :(

Would it be worth adapting _ as an alternative to spaces inside
illustrations inside comments, just to avoid this problem?
Stating that the code style is "whatever emacs does, as long as
you manually revert its formatting in areas X Y and Z" is getting
really iffy.