Re: lyrics for right-left writing systems such as hebrew or arabic

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: lyrics for right-left writing systems such as hebrew or arabic
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:07:38 -0800

I'm having the same problem.  I am mixing up Latin and Hebrew lettering
in the lyrics, and I want them ALL to render strictly Left-to-Right.  Is
there any way to do this in Lilypond?  You can see the problem it causes
in this example:

  http://hymns.reactor-core.org/HaikVantoura/Shema4.pdf

This causes problems because I am trying to put the Hebrew lettering
underneath a strict letter-for-letter English transliteration of the
text.  The English transliteration is Left-to-Right, but the Hebrew gets
munged as Right-to-Left on a syllable by syllable basis!

Ted