Re: AUTHORS list

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: AUTHORS list
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:03:34 +0000

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>>
>> in the past?  Should we continue to list them in the "previous
>> contributors" section, or remove those once they become developers?
>> (I favor removing somebody from Contributors once they become a Developer)
>>

> Sounds reasonable. However, I notice that the lists under "previous" contain
> more detailed information on the kind of contributions, which perhaps may be
> of interest for future historians but not really otherwise.

Good point.  The current material comes directly from the old
AUTHORS.texi file; I wasn't comfortable with having that info deleted
without any discussion.

I definitely support removing the detailed info entirely: for
developers, we keep the 1-3 word job descriptions.  For contributors,
we just list their name, along with an email and/or website if they
desire?

> I have probably left the
> role as support guru as well, since I don't have much time for LilyPond
> nowadays.

If you'd rather move your name into the @developerPrevious list, or
give yourself a different title, that's up to you.  My idea behind the
Developers lists is that they can be self-determined.  Granted, if
somebody's only submitted two small patches and wants to be a
developer, we'd cut that... but other than such extreme cases, I
propose that people with git access should decide for themselves if
they count as a "developer", and if so, they can make up their own
title(s).