Re: Help please!

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Help please!
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:47:31 -0000

Neil Puttock wrote Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:28 PM

2009/12/15 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

but if I do this:

SCM duration_symbol;
Item *duration_grob;
duration_grob = make_item ("TabDuration", events_[0]->self_scm ());
duration_symbol = ly_string2scm ("A");
duration_grob->set_property ("text", duration_symbol);

the program seg faults way down in the bowels.

I can't see anything wrong with this.

Are you sure duration_grob is being created before trying to call set_property?

Thanks Neil; your comment put me on the right track.  There was
a route through the code which left one grob uncreated.  Just the
assurance the code was OK was enough to make me look
elsewhere.

Trevor