Re: Help with difficult bug

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Help with difficult bug
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:58:07 -0700

On 12/15/09 3:53 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2009/12/15 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>
>> Everything compiles OK.  And it runs fine until I get into recheck_beam.
>> Recheck_beam actually executes successfully, but an exception is thrown
>> later, and the exception doesn't make sense to me when I use gdb.  Values
>> are changed between the calling procedure and the called procedure in a way
>> that makes no sense to me (see
>> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-12/msg00283.html> for
>> more info).
>
> Weird.  Though I get the exception thrown, the GDB output seems sane
> here.  Perhaps it's a build enviroment issue?
>
>> Any help would most gratefully appreciated.

<SNIP lines reflecting lots of work >

Thanks, Neil.  I'm sorry to make extra work for you.  I was trying to get
those things to work out, but the gdb output was messing with my head.

Yes, the outer loop only goes to size() - 2 (< size - 1) because the last
note in the group gets checked for a beam end separately.

Again, thanks for your help, and sorry to load work on you.

Thanks,

Carl