Re: PATCH: Issue 638 Autobeaming

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: PATCH: Issue 638 Autobeaming
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:32:03 -0700

On 12/16/09 10:23 PM, "Frédéric Bron" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> At last, thanks to help above and beyond the call of duty by Neil, I have
>> finally got the autobeam engraver fixed so it beams 4 4 right when there are
>> 16th notes in the 2nd or 4th beat of the measure.
>
> Very nice job. That's now a good reason for me to upgrade to 2.13.X.
> Does this apply only to 4/4 or is it more general? Is it custumizable?
> and how does it interact with normal commands to set auto-beaming
> rules?

There is nothing specific about 4/4 in this patch.  It will apply any time
that there is a bigger group for longer duration notes (e.g. 1/8 notes) and
a smaller group for shorter duration notes (e.g. 1/16 notes).

I've not looked carefully at all of the places in standard beaming that it
might apply.  I fixed the fundamental problem, so it should work everywhere.

Thanks,

Carl