Re: QUIET_BUILD?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: QUIET_BUILD?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:07:09 -0600

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:
CG 2.1.3 Building LilyPond -- Useful make variables:

If a less verbose build output if desired, the variable
QUIET_BUILD may be set to 1 on make command line, or in
‘local.make’ at top of the build tree.

How do I make this work?  Neither of these work for me:

QUIET_BUILD=1
QUIET_BUILD = 1

If you don't want *any* terminal output, you could do this:

  make all &> /dev/null

But then if there are build errors there's no way to find what happened. Better in that case to redirect it to a log file like...

  make all &> ~/Desktop/buildlog.txt

Is this the sort of thing you're looking to accomplish?

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com