Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:13:22 -0700

On 12/20/09 1:57 PM, "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> One recommendation: every time you modify a source file, run
>> a macro or something to trim the trailing whitespaces
> As someone who wouldn't know what to run and who does get this occasionally in
> doc patches I push, can someone give me some advice so I don't irritate people
> with any future patches?'
>
> My edits are going to be mainly (only) on the help system (Learning Manual
> etc) than writing code for functions, but any guidance would be helpful to
> pre-squelch this stuff. I see that the lilycontrib.tcl does some - but I think
> that is more a function of git when it makes the patch than anything else.

James,

We have now put a new script in scripts/auxiliar/ that will strip trailing
whitespace.

After you're done editing a file, just enter the following from a command
prompt:

python scripts/auxiliar/strip-whitespace.py your-file-goes-here

That will take care of things.

Alternatively, you may be able to set your editor so that it will
automatically strip trailing whitespace.  I've done that with vim.

What editor are you using?

Thanks,

Carl