Re: [patch] create xrefs from .tely

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [patch] create xrefs from .tely
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:39:31 +0100

Le samedi 26 décembre 2009 à 02:32 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> The attached patch lets me build xrefs by looking at
>   Documentation/*.tely
> directly, instead of looking at the corresponding
>   Documentation/out-www/*.texi
> files.
>
> This would be very nice for the website, since we can't build all of
> lilypond on the server.  (the alternative is to generate the xrefs
> locally, upload the .xref-map files, and hope that they don't change
> very often... this isn't quite as terrible as it sounds at first,
> since we need to do this for the examples and pictures anyway, but it
> would still be nice to avoid this)

I understand, this will mostly work but will slightly restrict the set
of cross-references reachable from the website.

> I tested it out, and it seems to work, but I don't particularly know
> how xrefs work, so I thought I should ask if it's ok.

Looking at the .i?tely files will basically work as well, except that it
will miss any anchors (nodes, sections...) created by lilypond-book;
this is not a big deal, though, as the only ones it creates are for the
Snippets List.

I think the patch is good to apply.

Best,
John