Re: Multiple lilypond-book options in snippets

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Multiple lilypond-book options in snippets
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:29:49 -0800

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 07:38:42PM +0000, Neil Puttock wrote:
>> On 31 January 2010 17:59, Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > It might help to keep in mind that the documentation is produced in 7 other
>> > languages than English.  There is then 1 instance missing?
>>
>> No, it's surely a bug (if it's not, it's a ridiculous change :).
>> There should only be one instance of the options per file.
>
> I thought Jean-Charles' comment was a useful hint for debugging:
> check to see if it's the translations that's breaking it.  For
> example, if we do a local-doc build in Documentation, will there
> only be one set of options, or many?

There are many options even when running `lilypond-book' standalone,
outside the build tree.

> I missed the chance to do such investigations today, but I'll try
> to do a bit during the week.  I'll postpone 2.13.12 until this is
> fixed.
> (actually, I should check the docs for 2.13.11 and earlier: did
> they have the same problem?)

Yes, the 2.13.11 docs are affected.  The behavior changed with John's
commit c258b7.

The attached patch significantly reduces the number of options, but I
don't know if this is the output John was originally intending for.

Thanks,
Patrick