Re: Fix #305: Allow alignment spanner to be broken for dynamics. (issue

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Fix #305: Allow alignment spanner to be broken for dynamics. (issue129073)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:25:38 +0000

Reviewers: hanwenn,

Message:
On 2010/03/04 15:02:37, hanwenn wrote:
LGTM

One doubt about the naming (that I proposed in the issue) -
break_alignment
could be misconstrued to be alignment-for-break.  Maybe
alignment-breaker, or
similar?

OK, alignment_breaker_ sounds fine.

BTW, I'm not ready to push this yet, since there are two details which
I'd like to sort out first:

1) Automatic breaking based on direction
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-10/msg00117.html)

2) Allow the Change_iterator to split alignments automatically.  This
will require some more extensive changes to the Dynamic_align_engraver,
since the break-dynamic-span-event will arrive later.

Cheers,
Neil

Fix #305: Allow alignment spanner to be broken for dynamics.

* introduce a new event class which will trigger the end of a
  DynamicLineSpanner prematurely, thus allowing dynamics to be
  positioned independently

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/129073/show

Affected files:
  A input/regression/dynamics-break-alignment.ly
  M lily/dynamic-align-engraver.cc
  M ly/spanners-init.ly
  M scm/define-event-classes.scm
  M scm/define-music-types.scm