Re: Any way to use lilypond as a library? (embeded)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Any way to use lilypond as a library? (embeded)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:50:43 +0100

2010/4/7 Alejandro Piñeiro <address@hidden>:
> I would to ask if there are any way to use parts of lilypond as a library of a
> different application (use lilypond embeded).

No.  Not the way you're imagining it, at least.

> Why I ask that?

Because nobody coded it.  Are _you_ volunteering to spend 50 hours
working on this?

> I'm creating a little application and I would like to create simple midi files
> on the fly, but I would like to avoid to enter in midi internals (avoid to
> waste
> my time reinventing the wheel).

lilypond is completely impractical for this; you'll save much more
time by writing the midi files directly.  I'm sure there's some
libraries that help with this; there's certainly midi packages for
python, perl, and such scripting languages.