Re: Fix for string-number (and other) articulations in chords and tablat

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fix for string-number (and other) articulations in chords and tablature
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:48:44 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> A couple of months ago I submitted a patch to make the
> tab-note-heads-engraver and the fretboards-engraver use the same code
> to convert from notes (with string-number articulations/events) to
> tablature/fretboard entries.

IIRC, string numbers can be used only within chords, as opposed to
normal fingerings.  Could this be unified?

Reason: modified fingerings appear to be used for more than one
purpose.  Circled fingerings are sometimes used with chromatic button
accordions for indicating use of help rows.

However, more common is to format them as underlined numbers, so a way
to change the formatting would be nice as well.

Being able to use -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -\2 -\3 -\4 -\5 in the same places
would help here.

I think there are other instruments with modified fingering as well.