Re: staccato dots over beams

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: staccato dots over beams
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:16:34 +0100

On 13 April 2010 06:47, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> The solution is definitely too generic.  Look at the attached example.
> The `toward-stem-shift' applies to all Script grobs which is clearly
> wrong.  In particular, accents shouldn't be shifted at all.  Depending
> on the articulation symbol we need different values.

We already have different settings:  staccato dots are shifted
(slightly off-centre of the stem position); all other scripts are
centred on the notehead.

If you want to add more settings for different scripts, then all
that's required is to add 'toward-stem-shift settings in script.scm.

> BTW, looking into the full score of `Wozzeck', I've noticed different
> values of `toward-stem-shift', depending on the direction of the beam.
> See attached image.  I'm not sure whether this happens in polyphonic
> situations only.

Is it consistently applied?

In any case, it's easily implemented as a tweak to the standard
'X-offset callback (see attached file).

Regards,
Neil