Re: Fix #915 (faulty full-bar rest positioning with clef). (issue931041

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Fix #915 (faulty full-bar rest positioning with clef). (issue931041)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:13:14 +0000

Reviewers: carl.d.sorensen_gmail.com,

Message:
Hi Carl,

Thanks for checking this out.

On 2010/04/19 19:37:12, Carl wrote:

Should the name of this property be something like
ignore-prefatory-material?

Hmm, possibly; it's certainly less vague. :)

Actually, I've had a thought: instead of using booleans, it would
probably make more sense (and allow finer control) to use a pair of
symbols in a similar manner to break-align-symbols.  So the default
setting would be

'(break-alignment . bar-line)

Or perhaps even better, should we change space-to-barline to a pair of
booleans,
and use space-to-barline for both?  It seems to me that
space-to-barline is the
same property as spacing-pair, except that it only goes one direction.

Indeed, when measured the space to the right hand side column it's doing
the same thing.  But what would you do about the left spacing?  For
NoteSpacing it wouldn't make any sense since 'space-alist settings for
the breakable grobs control this, so the car would be ignored.

I'd prefer, if possible, to have the property potentially apply to any
grob that
needs to be centered, instead of just multi-measure rests.

There aren't any others as far as I'm aware.

Cheers,
Neil

Fix #915 (faulty full-bar rest positioning with clef).

Allow user override of left/right spacing of full-bar rests relative to
barlines or prefatory material.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/931041/show

Affected files:
  lily/bar-line.cc