Re: automatic documentation of type-p-name-alist

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: automatic documentation of type-p-name-alist
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:25:21 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Can you make the table in LilyPond code, instead of
> texinfo?  If you could, you can put these function
> definitions in a .ly file, and just do @lilypondfile{} in
> Documentation/notation/notation-appendices.itely.

The reason I don't like that is because the result is a png
from which you can't copy/paste any text.  I know that most
of the other notation appendices are that way, but I guess
this is something that's always bothered me.  I'm also
thinking about the output in info format.  I've not actually
looked into it, but I'm imagining there are obstacles there?

There must be some way to get auto-generated texinfo code
from scm/ to Documentation/, isn't that what the IR does?

- Mark