Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:33:47 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2010 18:02:56 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Anyway, here is how I would do this: Chords are much more common than
> tremolos, so changing notation for the latter seems like the better
> choice.

Oh, really???
In all the classical orchestra scores that I have looked at (and I have looked
at a lot), I have not seen a single chord, but there are several tremolo
shorthand notations (to save space, i.e. instead of g8[ g g g] g[ g g g] ,
they write g2:8 g:8) in about every violin/viola/cello score.

It really depends on the type of music you are using. In pop music, chords are
more common, but in classical music, tremolo notation is just as essential!

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886