Re: PATCH: Doc: Clarify \relative inside \repeat issue.

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: PATCH: Doc: Clarify \relative inside \repeat issue.
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:27:02 +0100

Hello,

Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
If you want to use the minumum number of { and indentation levels, you can
write

\context Voice \repeat unfold 2 \relative c' { c2 d }

or

\context Voice \repeat unfold 2 \relative c' {
 c2 d
}

but back when the GDP was established the LilyPond format rules said we
needed to use { } even if it wasn't required.  I couldn't find this rule in
section 3.4.3 of Contributing,  so maybe it's gone away.

No, that's still around.  James, could you add this rule to the CG?

I'm still not really clear on what this rule should be from this whole thread. Are you talking about notes within { } when using any LilyPond Command before said notes?

Taking a random example in the doc for errr...

Chord Repetition, the example is

<c e g> q q q

There are no { } there and it seems they would look awkward.

{ <c e g> q q q }

Does that make sense or have I missed something?

James