Re: broken links for "next section in reading order"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: broken links for "next section in reading order"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:01:41 +0100

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:15 PM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can try to fix this. I'll have a go anyway - however can anyone tell me if
> it matters to the code if the @menu item has to be *exactly* the same as the
> @node (which is also missing I notice) and the @unnumberedsubsubsec.

It must be exactly the same.  But adding a @node might change the way
the page is generated (by splitting it into multiple separate pages).

There's an automatic tool to fill in menus if there's a
@menu
@end menu
see the CG for details.  "scripts to aid doc work" or something like that.

It must be exactly the same as the @node name, which cannot have
things like @code in it.

> Once I resolve this and if anyone spots others I can then start to resolve
> them as they get flagged.

I don't see the point in trying a piecemeal approach to the doc
sections which have never tried to be rewritten to follow the doc
policy.  Nobody worked on changing-defaults.itely during GDP, so
there's probably about 10 hours of work to do there.

If you want to start that task now, then let me know what's left on
your todo list so that I can get somebody else to work on those, and
we'll talk about working on that file.