Re: Error in ignaztek-names.scm

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Error in ignaztek-names.scm
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:10:33 -0600

On 6/1/10 8:58 AM, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> As far as I can see, the patch works.  Thanks!
>
> Oh, you're welcome.  What have you done to my patch? :-)  0815aa4aa

(Mumbles, looks down at shoes, gets embarrassed flush in face)  Err, I was
editing the file because you said the patch didn't work, so I just mad the
editorial change myself, and then later realized it was the same as your
patch.  I'm sorry.

>>> It isn't, more calls exist. Here is one, could be more.
>>>
>>> In out/share/lilypond/current/scm/chord-generic-names.scm:
>>>  259: 17  [make-line-markup ...
>>>  260: 18* [list ...
>>>  261: 19* [note-name->markup #<Pitch c >]
>>
>> This isn't in the current source tree from master, according to savannah:
>>
>>  259           (make-line-markup
>>  260            (list
>>  261             (root->markup root)
>>  262             partial-markup-prefix
>>
>> root->markup is used, not note-name->markup.  Now root->markup could have
>> note-name->markup as a default.  I can see how to make a workaround, which I
>> will do.
>>
>> What lilypond file did you run to get this last error?
>
> Fresh doc build. One of those long lists of snippets with hash names.
> I will try to reproduce it again.

Not necessary.  I've (locally) applied a patch to fix the default value of
note-name->markup so it has the necessary argument.  I'm currently in the
midst of make doc-clean && make doc.  If it fails, I'll know why; if it
succeeds, I'll push the patch.

Thanks,

Carl