Re: Redo autobeam settings to make resetting easier (issue1667041)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Redo autobeam settings to make resetting easier (issue1667041)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:29:57 -0600

On 6/13/10 1:01 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Are you sure this is ready for review?
>
> I see comments like this,
>
> // I removed this to solve a bug; need to make sure it's right -- cds

Oh, yeah.  I forgot that I had done that.  I didn't put it in my notes when
I was working on that about a month ago.  It turns out that it's right, but
I forgot to go remove it.

I'll check it through more carefully (and try to get it to display without
all the snippets being part of it).

> and commented debug code,
>
> +;(display "\nIn auto-beam.scm\n")
>
> and alarm bells start to ring. :)
>
> Also, there are several places where beamSettings is capitalized (most
> importantly, in bagpipe.ly.)

Yes, I had a brain cramp there, and I capitalized beamSettings in a few
places.  I fixed all of them that were tested in the regressions.  I forgot
to go fix them in bagpipe.ly.

I couldn't find

> BTW, what happens if a time signature has no default settings?

get-setting returns '()  (see scm/time-signature-settings.scm:312)

if beat-fraction is null, then beatLength is set to 1/4
(scm/music-functions.scm:565)

beaming-rule is set to '(), which means that beatLength is the autobeaming
property that will apply.

measureGrouping is set to '().  Since measureGrouping isn't a pair, the
measure_grouping_engraver doesn't do anything.

I haven't made a test case on this (I guess I should), but I think I've
taken proper care of all the corner cases.  I'll add a regression test.

Thanks,

Carl