Re: Vertical spacing regression !?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing regression !?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:17:24 +0300

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 20:23 +0200, Arno Waschk wrote:
> can't we have correct heights say for every bar (which must be computedĀ
> later anyway) with clever caching so we have them ready when the finalĀ
> layout is made?
No. For example, we don't know if a bar will have its clef displayed
until after line-breaking. Also, the vertical collision avoidance means
that in { c1^"long long markup" c1^"long long markup" }, we cannot
calculate the height of the second bar without considering the first bar
too (and the answer will change if they are on different lines).

> does this mean you could provide an improved version of your former patch?
Yes, I have one prepared, but I'm still testing it. Don't want to
release another bad one...

Cheers,
Joe