Re: Revised version of waveform renderer on Rietveld that uses glpk

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Revised version of waveform renderer on Rietveld that uses glpk
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:03:59 +0100

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 06:12:03PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> It seems nice to be able to add this sort of thing to Lilypond, but I
> >> think it rather strongly demonstrates Lilypond's lack of modularity:
> >> this sort of thing should sit in a separate directory and be loaded
> >> on-demand under user control without needing any resident code parts
> >> when people don't use it.
> >
> > If it was all done in scheme, this would be easy.  :)
>
> I don't think so, since properties and contexts are defined and
> initialized globally right now, and we don't have a system for
> modularizing documentation.

Can't new contexts be defined by the user?  I'll admit that I
don't think they can create new properties...

I was basically just thinking of things like ancient notation, or
the beautiful "packages" / "files" / "modules" / "whatever we
shoudl call them" that Reinhold and Nicholas put together, like
stuff for title pages or orchestralily.  As a naive ex-user, I'd
call those "modules", but that might be misusing a technical term.