Re: Auto-beaming infrastructure redo

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Auto-beaming infrastructure redo
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:14:28 +0200

On 3 Jul 2010, at 01:04, Carl Sorensen wrote:
If I throw in tuplets in this AST, setting them to 1:1, I get:
         +

That is, the tuplet p:q just appears as a pair (p, q) attached to the
list.

But we don't need to introduce the tuplets in the LilyPond structure,
because the p:q for tuplets is already handled by LilyPond, as far as I can tell. At least for right now, I think we can use a single fundamental unit.

I think you may need to have the tuplets as a part of this structure in order to compute the correct beaming. Then the current flexible approach of LilyPond where they can be broken up in pieces might be a complication.

  Hans