Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Revised autobeam settings patch (issue1682049)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:56:30 +0100

Carl, you wrote Monday, July 05, 2010 12:39 PM

Apply on top of current git.  But remember to do

make bin-clean

or

rm lily/out/*

before doing make. I've removed some c++ files, and so the old binaries
have to go.

Of course!  I should have remembered from the last time.
Thanks for your patience!

OK, your patch downloads, applies and compiles fine.
I've run all the beaming tests I have through it and
all looks good!  Definitely the best to date!

One comment, though.

I was puzzled by the beamExceptions for 4/4 time.  These
seem to apply just to quavers, but normally beam exceptions
apply to all shorter notes too, don't they?  I've not (yet)
looked at the code - do you treat 4/4 time specially in
this respect?  Ah, wait a minute.  There's a rule here for
triplet quavers - that will be the one that applies to all
shorter notes.  Clever!

The documentation looks good at first reading, and the
user interface is infinitely better.  I'll go through it
more carefully tomorrow and add comments directly to the
patch, if I have any.

Great work!

Trevor